I wanna see the episodes of doc and mharti travel the world
What's on your mind?
This is the place to talk about your favorite topic, to share news, theories, ideas, and to connect with others. The content from your Forum has been converted to Discussions posts, so nothing has been lost.
To learn more about what you can do here, check out community.wikia.com/wiki/Help:Discussions
If you're an admin on this community, read more about how you can customize your Discussions and set up guidelines for contributors: community.wikia.com/wiki/Help:Admin_and_Moderator_Tools_in_Discussions
Hello, thank you for joining me for this month's Have Fun Wiki Direct. In this direct, I am going to talk about the changes that have been recently been made to the wiki. This is the 3rd major redesign the wiki has received since its launch in April 17, 2013. If it's not obvious enough, the redesign coincides with the 2 year anniversary of the Have Fun Wiki.
Now, let's get started.
Have Fun Wiki's theme was always been some type of blue ever since Have Fun Wiki 2.0 way back in August 2013. But this time I've decided to change it up as you can tell. The theme is now tan/light yellow mixed in with some orange and dark yellow. This may be Have Fun Wiki's main theme until further notice, so I hope you enjoy.
The layout of the homepage is pretty much the same as it was in Have Fun Wiki 3.0. But why you may ask? Well, it looks very clean for one thing, and it's much easier to code. And in case you're wondering; yes, I did try to redesign the homepage but it failed miserably. So I decided it was to best keep the old design, albeit with a few new additions.
I'll list all of the changes I've made to the homepage:
- The headers are now orange to fit with the theme.
- The Have Fun Wiki introduction bio has been changed.
- "Useful Links" has been made bigger, along with the links below it. Plus added "How to get a User Right".
- "The Rules" are now in bold, plus "Category List" has been moved next to "Chat Rules".
- The "Admins" section has been moved. (more on that later)
- The squared buttons have been replaced with new ones (except for "Blogs".)
- "Creepypastas" has been replaced with "Featured Articles"
- "Trollpastas" has been replaced with "Galleries"
- "WTF Articles" has been replaced with "Blogs"
- "NSFW Articles" has been replaced with "Chat"
- "Admins" is now in "Blogs'" old spot.
- "Under-Construction" has been replaced with "The History of HFW"
- "Admins" now has its own header, and has been moved from the middle of the homepage to below "Featured Articles".
- Added avatars next to the admins' name boxes.
- Added "Weekly Poll" where users vote on certain subjects. (Updates every Friday.)
Not too long ago, I redesigned the admin template and added new icons. I've done the same yet again, but slightly thickening the border and adding newer icons. Plus I added Trigger Hurt.
Admin Bio Page
I've made a new page titled Have Fun Wiki:Administrators Bio Page. This page let's us now more about the admins who run this site. So to the admins reading this, feel free to add stuff to your bio!
The History of Have Fun Wiki
THoHFW has been updated for the first time since March 2014 (yikes). I've added recent events to the page, so go feel free to check it out.
What to Expect Next
- New favicon.
- New logo thingy for the homepage.
- Category clean-up.
- Maybe some MediaWiki clean-up.
- And more.
What's next for Have Fun Wiki? If you have any ideas or suggestions, please feel free to leave a reply to this thread. I plan for more changes coming soon, so look out for those.
Thank you for reading. And as always; have fun!
So this is my new job? Lel k, its better this than TPW anyday.
I contacted Wika staff about the situation with Have Fun Wiki, and... well, you know... You read the title.
Things are back to normal now. However, we will still maintain a strict policy on NSFW pages.
And one more important thing.
Have Fun Wiki is on parole. Which basically means this wiki is going to be watched to make sure we stay out of trouble.
And as always... have fun!
P.S no NSFW pages, please.
You see that? If not I'll paste it here:
- close me have-fun Wiki reason: potential ToU violating material
Yes, that's right. Have Fun Wiki was reported for having "potential ToU violating material." What does this mean? Well, it means this wiki is fucked and has a high chance of getting shut down. What do we do about this? Well, I deleted every single page in the NSFW category. Yep, they're all gone and probably won't be coming back. If there are still any NSFW pages on this wiki, let me know, and I will delete them.
So I'm going to ask you all nicely to...
what needs to be fucking said tha hasn't already been fucking said. why VSTF wiki, why.
Attention all users, this is one of the site admins, PrinceCreeper. I have an idea: We should all collaborate to attempt to make the most hilarious trollpasta we can. Who thinks we should attempt this?
Welp, do you guys remember those random Doc And Mharti stories me and others made? Well, I feel that we shouldn't continue It anymore since It seems to be Inactive, and has gotten hold rather fast already. So, I dunno what the fuck to do with It.
And also, THE CHAT IS INACTIVE FOR SOME REASON SADLY. ;v;
Well, Winter theme is gone. Should we do a spring-y theme? Like a cool colors of green?
Welcome to the Have Fun Wiki Direct! A place where I make announcements about upcoming changes to the wiki, and ask what changes and ideas YOU want to see happen. Sit back, relax, and have fun!
The Have Fun Wiki's current list of categories are a problem. Some categories need to be deleted, replaced, renamed, and it's been like this for about a year. So it's time we take action and do something about it.
The following categories need to be replaced (aka they need to replaced by a category similar to it):
- Action - The title of this category is too bland. Plus, it only has one article in it. Should we replace it or delete it?
- BLOOD! - I don't really like the title of this category. Should it be in lowcaps, or replaced/renamed to something else? (e.g "Blood/Gore", "Blood!")
The following categories need to be renamed (aka they need a better name):
- CAPS - I don't feel like the name for this is justified enough. It needs a more creative name.
- CENSORSHIP - It should be "*CENSORSHIP*
- Ha Ha Ha, Oh Wow! - It should be "Hahaha, Oh Wow!"
- Mountain of Dialog - The name is OK, but I feel it can be renamed to something more creative.
- Non Existing Plot - Should it be "Non-Existing Plot", "Plot Non-Existent", "No Plot", or something else?
- Rant - Needs a more creative name.
- Recommended Reading - Again, needs a more creative name.
- Unexpected Ending - A more creative name (like "Didn't See That Coming!").
The following categories will be deleted:
- Game Grumps - There's really no point to this.
- Marked for Review - Again, what's the point.
- People who think they can rap like 2pac - Wat.
- The image categories (Pony Pics, Meme, GIF Moving Image, Funny Picture, etc.) - These categories are meant for images only and not articles. But I feel like they're too confusing, as people think they're also for articles.
- So Bad Its Good - This isn't really needed.
- Swearing/Cussing - We already have "Tourrets Language".
- True Story... - This isn't really needed.
- Troll Grammar - We already have "English Class Disaster" and "Trollpasta".
The following categories need to be created:
- Blistering Fury! - It could replace the Rant category, or it can be used for stories/articles where someone is extremely pissed-off.
- Dank Memez - A category for memes.
The following categories need to be more strict (aka the rules for them need to be stricter):
- WTF - This is used waaay too much.
- That Was Short.. - We already have Special:Shortpages. But idk, should we keep it anyway or make the rules for it more stricter?
Do you guys agree with any of this? PLEASE let me know via a reply.
Imported articles will be temporarily banned from February 15th to March 15th. Why? Because this wiki needs more exclusive content, and a lot of articles on this wiki can be found on other wikis as well. If you create an imported article, it will be deleted.
More stuff will be added to the homepage. But the only feature I can reveal at the moment is that polls will be added to the homepage soon!
Small tweaks will be made around the wiki, like MediaWiki files and Badges.
Have Fun Wiki's look is always changing and evolving. But what changes do you want YOU to see to the theme? Is it fine as it is, or should something about it change (e.g the color scheme, link colors, BG, etc.)? Please let me know!
I really know what you guys think of this stuff, so PLEEEEASE provided me some feedback. Feedback helps this wiki out tremendously, so don't be shy to give a suggestion!
Thank you all for reading, and hope you look forward to the future of Have Fun Wiki!
This is for admins and other noteworthy users.
Noteworthy users being:
Why? Because it is supposed to be a small chat.
You don't have G+? That's okay.
The event will be on a date and time we can all agree on.
Should I make a Have Fun Wiki in a different language? If so, what language(s) should we do?
So, I want to make chat look better and make it winter themed, but it's somewhat hard since I'm not editing from a pc...but I can and will edit it to make it better. What I want to know is what shall I do with chat? Give mods special stars? Do we want a wintery/christmasy background in main chat or will it stay as a solid colour? Do we want the background in the userlist changed or no? Give me ideas and I will piece together something for you all.
It's that time of the year again, so I thought I'd change the look of the wiki to match the season. I think I did a pretty good job with it. But enough with what I think of it, what do you guys think about it? Does it hurt your eyes? If so, try turning the brightness down on your PC, or phone, or whatever. If that doesn't help, I'll consider darkening the colors. Cuz I care about u. <3
Oh, and Creeper, I dint add you in the BG because I wanted this BG to be a throwback to the good oll' days of the wiki. You'll be included in the next background update. I promise.
As I said above, what do you guys think?