Hello, thank you for joining me for this month's Have Fun Wiki Direct. In this direct, I am going to talk about the changes that have been recently been made to the wiki. This is the 3rd major redesign the wiki has received since its launch in April 17, 2013. If it's not obvious enough, the redesign coincides with the 2 year anniversary of the Have Fun Wiki.
Now, let's get started.
Have Fun Wiki's theme was always been some type of blue ever since Have Fun Wiki 2.0 way back in August 2013. But this time I've decided to change it up as you can tell. The theme is now tan/light yellow mixed in with some orange and dark yellow. This may be Have Fun Wiki's main theme until further notice, so I hope you enjoy.
The layout of the homepage is pretty much the same as it was in Have Fun Wiki 3.0. But why you may ask? Well, it looks very clean for one thing, and it's much easier to code. And in case you're wondering; yes, I did try to redesign the homepage but it failed miserably. So I decided it was to best keep the old design, albeit with a few new additions.
I'll list all of the changes I've made to the homepage:
- The headers are now orange to fit with the theme.
- The Have Fun Wiki introduction bio has been changed.
- "Useful Links" has been made bigger, along with the links below it. Plus added "How to get a User Right".
- "The Rules" are now in bold, plus "Category List" has been moved next to "Chat Rules".
- The "Admins" section has been moved. (more on that later)
- The squared buttons have been replaced with new ones (except for "Blogs".)
- "Creepypastas" has been replaced with "Featured Articles"
- "Trollpastas" has been replaced with "Galleries"
- "WTF Articles" has been replaced with "Blogs"
- "NSFW Articles" has been replaced with "Chat"
- "Admins" is now in "Blogs'" old spot.
- "Under-Construction" has been replaced with "The History of HFW"
- "Admins" now has its own header, and has been moved from the middle of the homepage to below "Featured Articles".
- Added avatars next to the admins' name boxes.
- Added "Weekly Poll" where users vote on certain subjects. (Updates every Friday.)
Not too long ago, I redesigned the admin template and added new icons. I've done the same yet again, but slightly thickening the border and adding newer icons. Plus I added Trigger Hurt.
Admin Bio Page
I've made a new page titled Have Fun Wiki:Administrators Bio Page. This page let's us now more about the admins who run this site. So to the admins reading this, feel free to add stuff to your bio!
The History of Have Fun Wiki
THoHFW has been updated for the first time since March 2014 (yikes). I've added recent events to the page, so go feel free to check it out.
What to Expect Next
- New favicon.
- New logo thingy for the homepage.
- Category clean-up.
- Maybe some MediaWiki clean-up.
- And more.
What's next for Have Fun Wiki? If you have any ideas or suggestions, please feel free to leave a reply to this thread. I plan for more changes coming soon, so look out for those.
Thank you for reading. And as always; have fun!